Polyamide Wheels and Castors
Our staff will be pleased to give advise about our polyamide wheels and castors.
In a first step you may visit our technical guide. You will find very helpful information, e.g. a calculator for load capacities or a survey that might help to find the appropriate wheel material for the floor resp. underground at your site.
Furtheron you will find interesting information about:
- common selection criteria
- a form that might help to find the right product
- available wheel bearing versions
- different types of locking devices
- common roller arrangements
- chemical resistance of wheel materials
Sheet Steel Swivel and Fixed Castors with Polyamide Wheels
Welded Swivel Castors and Fixed Castors with Polyamide Wheels
Special Rollers and Turned Parts on Customers' Requests
Polyamid Wheels and Polyamide Castors
Our polyamide wheels are made of high-quality injection-moulded polyamide 6 or hard and tough, highly compressed cast polyamide PA 6 (solid material). Polyamide (PA 6) is often used in pharmaceutical and food industries as well as in industrial applications requiring high load-bearing capacity. Depending on series, the wheels are optionally available with a plain bearings, roller bearings or deep groove ball bearings. On request, some versions of the wheels can also be produced with stainless steel bearings. The polyamide wheels are characterised by their high load capacities, low rollingresistance and high abrasion resistance. Polyamide can be used at temperatures form -40°C to +100°C, however the load capacity will be reduced at ambient temperatures of more than +35°C.
The housings of our polyamide castors are made of strong, pressed sheet steel or as a robust welded steel construction. They are availabe as swivel castors, swivel castors with brakes and/or fixed castors. The wheel axles of our housings are bolted.
We are also specialised in manufacturing special castors and turned parts according to customers' drawings, even in small quantities, made of polyamide PA 6.
Our Polyamide Wheels and Polyamide Castors in Summery
- Polyamide wheels turned from high-quality injection-moulded or from tough, highly compressed cast polyamide PA6 solid material. The wheels are temperature resistant from -40°C to +80°C. Due to their high load-bearing capacity, the polyamide wheels can be used in many different ways. Often they are used for very special industrial applications and in the food and pharmaceutical sector.
- Housing variants: very robust, pressed sheet steel housings, electrogalvanized, swivel head without central pin, with double hardened and closed ball ring, thus dust- and splash-proof and very resistant against impacts and shocks, wheel axles are bolted, with mounting plate, bolt hole or threaded pin, also available as welded steel construction with axial deep groove ball bearings DIN 711 and taper roller bearing DIN 720, with grease nipple, dust- and splash-proof.
- Available as single or double castors
- Production of special rollers, rope rollers, flanged wheels and turned parts on request according to customer drawings and even in small quantities.
If you require Polyamide Wheels and Custors, decide for Schwalb Castors
If you are looking for plastic rollers and wheels, the Gerhard Schwalb company is the right partner for your demands. In the brochure you will find information about our range of plastic wheels and special rollers made from polyamide. The wheels are also available in versions for heavy loads. Learn more about our plastic rollers and wheels ...
You want to learn more about our product variety? Take a look at the overview page for our wheels and castors.